Is video marketing a part of your overall business strategy? If not, it should be. No matter the size of your business, video marketing is important to your bottom line. And judging by statistics, it is an indispensable must for your business strategy.
Here are some key stats from Wyzowl’s The State of Video Marketing 2019 report on video usage:
- 87 percent of businesses now use video as a marketing tool. (This figure has seen a sharp rise from 63 percent in 2017, and 81 percent in 2018.)
- 91 percent of video marketers consider video an important part of their marketing strategy. That’s an increase from 82 percent in 2017 and 85 percent in 2018.
- 83 percent of marketers say video gives them a good ROI (up from 78 percent in 2018.)
- 90 percent of video marketers feel the level of competition and noise has increased in the past year.
- But despite this – 99 percent will continue to use video in 2019, with 88 percent saying they’ll spend more than they did in previous years.
And their analysis: “The adoption of video as a marketing tactic
continues to soar, with more marketers using it than ever. Marketers also
increasingly appreciate the significance of video content. However, as more businesses
turn to video marketing, there’s no disputing that the level of competition is
ramping up. Businesses are feeling pressure to make themselves heard ‘above the
noise,’ with spend expected to increase in 2019 as a direct result.”
What is Video Marketing?
So what is video marketing? According to Frozenfire.com, “The definition of video marketing is not complex. In fact, it’s rather simple: using video to promote or market your brand, product or service. A strong marketing campaign incorporates video into the mix. Customer testimonials, videos from live events, how-to videos, explainer videos, corporate training videos, viral (entertainment) videos — the list goes on.”
How is Video Marketing Important?
1. Videos are extremely effective at selling because we are visually oriented
2. The payoff more than compensates for the expenses making video cost-effective
3. Entertaining videos are the best way to motivate others to share on social media
4. Video greatly affects your website’s search engine ranking
5. Videos are more engaging tha text or images and excellent at explaining
6. It is more effective and efficient at building emotional connections with your audience
This is the Year!
This is the year to make video marketing an integral part of your business strategy. The statistics say it loud and clear, “If you’re not using video marketing, you’re putting your business at risk of losing out and lagging behind.”
The benefits of video marketing have gone through the roof. Contact Edie Clarke, Video and YouTube Strategist, of edieclarke.com and put the benefits of video marketing to work for you.