Whether you need to get better video quality for video calls or for recording videos for social media and YouTube, there’s an easier way to achieve this result using your iPhone as a webcam and a cool app called CAMO.
In the video below, I’ll show you how easy it is to use your Android or iPhone as a webcam so you can conduct video calls with HD quality and record videos for social media and YouTube.
Now let’s get into this. First off, what is camo?
What is Camo?
Camo is an app and software that turns your smartphone’s camera into a professional quality webcam and video recorder.
How to use Camo with your PC for Video Calls
To use your iPhone as a webcam, just follow these simple steps:
- Download the Camo app to your iPhone or Android
- Install Camo Studio on your computer
- Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable.
Camo connects to your computer using a USB / lightning connection for iPhones and a USB / USC-C connection for Androids.
NOTE: Avoid using Wi-Fi as it can complicate pairing and security, and reduces the speed at which data can be transmitted.
What will you get by using Camo?
- Great video quality
- Works on almost all the apps you use from Zoom, Google Meet, and Webex to OBS, Streamyard, and Slack
- Able to adjust lighting, color, lenses, and more
- Get instant and continuous video preview
- Plug and play capability plus
- Access to cool new features, like
- In-app recording
Camo’s in-app recording tools make producing your next video a cinch. You can quickly save a stream, practice for a presentation, or create a new video with just one click.
This new feature enables users to effortlessly record high-quality video directly in Camo Studio as well as apply all of your picture adjustments and presets.
To achieve a more polished look to your streams, calls, and videos, you can select from a variety of pre-made overlays or design your own to use in Camo.
What does it cost?
You can use it in a limited capacity for FREE, but if you wish to unlock all of the features they have to offer then you’ll need to upgrade.
Their prices for the Pro version are:
- $79.99 for lifetime access
What are my thoughts on Camo?
Camo was created about a year ago with a basic objective: to give individuals video superpowers.
If you’ve been following me for any time you’ll know that I love using affordable, easy-to-use, and easy-to-learn tools to create videos and Camo doesn’t disappoint.
- To get started takes 3 simple steps – Download the app to your phone, install Camo Studio on your computer and then connect your phone with your computer
- You can record directly to your computer
- Camo integrates with platforms such as Camtasia and Loom
- You can add overlays to create a more polished look to your videos
- You can zoom in and out and switch from wide to ultra-wide
- The pro version is affordable and worth the price
- Recording to your computer is not available for PC users yet
- Accessing the overlay library is only for Mac users at the moment
Looking amazing on video calls is easy with Camo. Just open the app, choose your camera, and start chatting or recording!
I want to know your thoughts and questions so please leave them in the comments below.
Ready to get started? Click here to get started accessing HD video quality for your Zoom calls, live streams, and recorded videos.